Why do I love cooking family-size dinners?
One reason is the delicious leftovers they produce. I also love making easy tasty dinners that require minimal effort and clean-up. Hours of dish washing after dinner is too much of a hassle. Let me show you how to make cheesy, one-pot pasta—truly, this recipe is made in one-pot!
When the cool weather of fall settles in, I love cooking hearty meals that warm me up. Easy one-pot dinners can be just that! I love cheese, and I love pasta, so why not spice up the traditional cheese and pasta dish by making a gourmet cheesy pasta? This one-pot pasta dinner is spiced up with onions, tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice and zest—yum! The cooked onions add texture to the dish. The lemon juice and zest introduce a delicious zing of flavor. The basil brings in a strong, warm flavor that compliments the pasta. Basil is beneficial since it aids with digestion. I sometimes make fresh basil tea if I feel bloated, and it works wonders!
How do I make a one-pot meal?
Simply! Add the recipe ingredients to the pot and get cookin’! One-pot meals require fewer dishes while cooking, making after-dinner cleanup simple.
How long can the pasta be stored?
Store this pasta in the fridge for 3-5 days. After 5 days, the flavor diminishes and the texture deteriorates. I doubt it will sit that long in your fridge because it’s so delicious!
This recipe calls for chicken or vegetable broth, uncooked spaghetti pasta, an onion, petite diced tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, a lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, heavy whipping cream, and shredded parmesan cheese.
In a large saucepan, add in the noodles, broth, sliced onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic, lemon juice, zest of lemon, and salt and pepper. Bring the pot to a boil, slowly pushing down the noodles if your sauce pan isn’t large enough. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until the noodles are done, checking halfway through to ensure they aren’t clumping together or sticking to the pot. Add in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan. Stir to combine and allow it to thicken for several minutes.
Let’s get cookin’!
Ultimate Cheese Pasta
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 16oz package of spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 14.5oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 juice of a lemon + zest
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Add the broth, noodles, sliced onion, diced tomatoes, basil, garlic, juice and zest of lemon, salt and pepper to a large sauce pan. Bring the broth to a boil and slowly push down the noodles if they don’t fit in the pan. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes, checking halfway to ensure the noodles aren’t sticking.
- Once the noodles are finished cooking, add in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan; then stir to combine and melt the cheese. Stir in the corn starch. Once melted, allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.