Deciding to eat meat again after 10 years of being a vegetarian was one of the best decisions I have made this year—I love meat! Every dish I was making regularly like sloppy joes and black bean tacos taste infinitely better with ground beef. I’m sad that I missed out on so many good dishes, but I am definitely living it up now. One of my new favorite staples is chicken alfredo with homemade alfredo—yum!
The best part about this recipe is the homemade alfredo sauce. It is truly the best alfredo sauce that I have ever had, and I have had a lot of alfredo sauce. Store-bought alfredo doesn’t even compare. This creamy alfredo sauce is simple to make and only needs a few ingredients: butter, cream, garlic, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
Because the tasty alfredo sauce is so simple to make, this easy pasta dish only takes maybe 15 minutes to prepare (plus a little more if you want to bake the dish!) In case you are wondering what to make for dinner tonight, I promise this is a super easy dinner recipe.
How do you make chicken alfredo?
It is so simple! All you need is alfredo, chicken, spices, and noodles! I love how easy it is to toss together. It takes little time and tastes so delicious. Chicken alfredo is a staple dish at many restaurants and I felt that it was overhyped until I made my own homemade chicken alfredo—definitely worth the hype! Pour the alfredo sauce over cooked noodles, stir, throw in chicken, and you are ready to eat!
What is alfredo sauce?
Alfredo sauce is an Italian pasta sauce traditionally made with parmesan cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. American-style alfredo sauce includes cream in recipe. It is delicious to put over pasta, and if you’re feeling crazy, you can use it as nacho sauce!
How can you use alfredo sauce?
I personally love using alfredo sauce over pasta. It makes an easy and delicious dinner. You can throw alfredo sauce over meatballs, chicken, or on pizza! Like I said, you can use it as a nacho cheese if you enjoy the taste!
How do you make alfredo sauce from scratch?
You will need butter, heavy cream, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper. You begin by melting the butter and frying the garlic in the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the cream, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add in the cheese while whisking until melted. Add in salt and pepper, to taste.
I seriously have made this dish so many times in the past month with my cows fresh cream!
Let’s get cookin!
Creamy Chicken Alfredo
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 32 oz cooked chicken
- 1 box penne pasta
- 2 cups peas optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Begin cooking the penne noodles according to the directions on the box. While the noodles is cooking, begin preparing the alfredo sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Fry the garlic in the butter for 60 seconds then add in the cream. Whisk for five minutes constantly. Pour in the parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the noodles and transfer to a baking dish. Pour the alfredo sauce over the noodles, add in the cooked chicken, and add in the cooked peas. Stir to combine.
- You can either eat it as it is now, or you can throw in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.