I don’t know about you, but I love granola! Making your own granola will be the best decision you make today. Granola is easy to make, and you can customize it to your preferred perfection! For this recipe, all you need is one bowl and common pantry ingredients. So instead of running to the store to grab more granola, opt for a healthy homemade granola! This is a “basic” granola recipe, but it is far from basic in taste! You make it how you want to taste it.
This granola makes a tasty snack or a complete breakfast. Pair this homemade granola with your choice of milk, yogurt, or fruit and experience the goodness! I love to top plain yogurt with this granola and sprinkle in a few fresh blueberries to complete the bowl. If you are on the go, grab a quick granola bite and you’re ready for the day! The healthy breakfast and healthy snack options are limitless when you bring in a bit of creativity.
The ingredient label on store bought granola can seem a little bit sketchy – save yourself the headache and make it yourself at home. After enjoying this easy, homemade recipe, you won’t purchase granola at the store again! This granola is a healthy option compared to what you find on the store shelves because it is made with whole grains and it is naturally sweetened. No preservatives, no artificial flavors, and no artificial sweeteners to be found in this recipe! This is all-natural granola, baby!
Once you have mastered this simple, basic granola recipe, you can begin to make it your own! For example, add a citrus flavor to your granola by mixing in a few teaspoons of lemon or orange zest before you bake it. For a sweet mix-in, add chocolate chips AFTER the granola has completely cooled or the chocolate chips will melt. Make this an easy vegan granola by using maple syrup to sweeten instead of honey. The possibilities for what this homemade granola can become are endless!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of ground clove
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, pecans, walnuts, almonds, pepitas, sea salt, cinnamon, and ground clove. Stir to consistency.
- Pour in olive oil, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla. Mix all of the ingredients together until the oats and nuts are evenly coated. Pour the granola onto the lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake the granola for 20-22 minutes, the granola will be lightly golden brown when you remove it from the oven.
- Allow the granola to cool completely, undisturbed. Store the granola at room temperature in a storage container for up to 2 weeks.