This is the best dinner recipe I have ever made, seriously. These barbeque pulled pork sliders are delicious and easy to make!
How do you make homemade sliders?
I can’t believe I was vegetarian for ten years and missing out on sliders! I went to a canning event where they made pork sliders from canned pork and at my recent neighborhood BBQ, someone brought sliders.
They were absolutely AMAZING, and I decided this past week that I needed to make an easy party dinner (but eat it all myself.) I gave BBQ pulled pork sliders a shot, and they are now in my rotating dinner schedule.
What ingredients do you need for barbeque sauce?
To start, I made homemade barbeque sauce. You don’t have to use homemade barbeque sauce, but if you want to here is the recipe that I used. The ingredient list for barbeque sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
How do you make homemade barbeque sauce?
Making homemade barbeque sauce is easy. You throw all of the ingredients together in a pot on the stovetop, bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes to allow it to thicken up. Truly, that easy. This is definitely the easiest recipe for homemade barbeque sauce.
After the homemade BBQ sauce simmered for 15 minutes, I threw my shredded pork into the sauce and allowed the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
While the sauce and pork were simmering together, I got the buns ready to assemble into sliders and cooked up some bacon slices! I chopped up the cooked bacon to sprinkle on the sliders.
How do you make homemade buns?
For this recipe, I used my homemade dinner roll recipe. If you are in a pinch, you can use those tasty Hawaiian rolls from the store and those are perfect for sliders.
I sliced the buns in half, buttered them, and laid them on a cookie sheet face up. I broiled them in my oven until the they were toasted and I took them back out.
I assembled the sliders by putting the bottom of the buns back into the baking dish, adding in the shredded barbeque pork, placing on the cheese, sprinkling on the bacon bits, and then placing the top of the roll on.
I made a glaze to top the slider buns. For the glaze, I combined butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning over heat until the butter was melted.
I poured this glaze on top of the sliders. YUM! The garlic added a depth of flavor to the sliders that wouldn’t have been there otherwise.
These easy homemade sliders turned out so delicious—you have to try them! Let’s get cookin!
Pulled Pork Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls
- 1 lbs pulled pork
- 1 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 6 sliced provolone cheese
- 2-3 slices bacon, chopped
- Butter for spreading
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- Slice the rolls in half and butter both sides. Broil in the oven until the tops are toasted.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the barbeque sauce and pulled pork on the stovetop over medium-low heat. Allow to simmer together for 10 minutes.
- Cook the bacon and chop into bits.
- Prepare the glaze by combining the butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic over heat until the butter is melted.
- Begin layering the sliders by placing the barbeque pulled pork on the bottom half of the buns, placing the cheese on top, sprinkle the bacon on the cheese, and top with the top half of the bun.
- Pour the glaze over the tops of the buns.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tops of the buns are browned.