Are you ready for a tasty stir fry recipe?
I mixed up this yummy stir fry last week while throwing together food from my pantry and it turned out delicious! I hadn’t been to the grocery store in a bit, and I was freakin’ hungry. I had rice, various vegetables, eggs, and a variety of seasonings. That meant one thing: sticky rice teriyaki stir fry.
How do you make stir fry?
With ease. You gather together your ingredients, cook the rice, fry the vegetables, season, and add everything together! The seasonings are the most important ingredient—you want a flavor-packed stir fry! I chose to use butter, lots of teriyaki sauce, salt and pepper, and fresh ginger! YUM!
I recommend using fresh ginger in this recipe because it gives the stir fry an extra punch, but powdered ginger works also if you don’t have fresh. Ginger stays fresh in the fridge for a few weeks or longer. I generally have it chilling in my fridge for when I make my ramen noodle stir fry.
How do you cook rice?
I use brown rice for this recipe and follow the instructions on the package. I add the specified amount of rice, water and butter; bring it to a boil; then I simmer it for the time listed in the instructions. It’s that easy! You can use brown or white rice for this recipe.
I used carrots, broccoli, and celery for my vegetable lineup. The celery provides a crunch that pairs well with the flavors and the rice. You can throw in peas as well, but I didn’t have any on hand. Peas are a perfect, easy addition to a stir fry!
The process is simple: Fry the vegetables together with butter, salt and pepper; then add teriyaki sauce after the vegetables are soft. Add in the cooked rice, brown sugar, more teriyaki, ginger, and garlic powder. Mix together all the ingredients, create four wells for the eggs, scramble together and serve!
Let’s get cookin!
Sticky Rice Stir Fry
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 medium carrots, sliced and chopped lengthwise
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce, divded
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger)
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice per instructions. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, sprinkle in salt and pepper, and add in the vegetables, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender. Add in 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and mix to coat.
- Add in the cooked rice, remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder. Mix together over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes. Make four wells and crack an egg into each. Stir together to scramble the egg in the stir fry.