Your mouth is watering for Mexican delicacies, but when a pandemic is raging across the planet, it might not be a fiesta venturing out to eat. Many restaurants are closed or have restrictions, and you may not live near Mexico where you can sprint across the border to gobble a few tacos!
But you savor those ocean-scene paintings on the walls, the Mariachi band strumming their guitars in the background, that bitter bite of salty margarita on your dry lips.
I’m here to inform you that the day is saved! I love Taco Tuesday, but I learned a long time ago that it doesn’t have to be Tuesday for a taco. We can make these scrumptilichios Chicken Tacos recipe every day of the week!
The Best Chicken Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 package small corn tortillas (can use flour, or combined)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 cups sharp cheese grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Heat a large pan or skillet to medium high. Add olive oil and chicken. As the chicken browns on one side, sprinkle on garlic, seasoning and salt.
- Cook chicken 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Remove from heat for at least 3 minutes. Add lime juice.
- Prepare tacos individually: sprinkle several tablespoons of cheese on the tortilla and place it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. Remove and top with several tablespoons of chicken. Sprinkle on 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro.